Solution: make your chair your friend with these handy hip pain exercises
Monday 11th April 2022
- Some observations to motivate you!
- Hip pain exercise lists that make your chair your friend
- 6 Strength exercises that make your chair your friend
- 6 Stretch exercises that make your chair your friend
- 12 daily exercises daily video
- Two massage sessions to go with a chair sitting
- Two massage sessions video
- 5 Third world living & fitness checks
- 5 Third world living and fitness check video
When I go shopping, I see a lot of people rocking along on stiff and painful hips. Not good. When I sit too long and try to be a weekend warrior athlete (pilates instructor talking here), I get painful hips. Not good. So I wrote this article to get you all motivated to fix your hips. I’m committing to these daily hip exercises. How about you?
We’re not suggesting you overdo hip stretches and exercises. We’re not suggesting you try to be like the gymnasts and dancers in all those internet pictures. Because that sort of hip flexibility comes at a price and is not pain-free.
All we suggest is that you do something every day, to build an enjoyable habit, so that you can look forward to a life of happy long-lived hips!
The daily hip pain videos on this page are a starting point for a good pain reduction habit so that, over time, you will strengthen your hips and build coordination and flexibility.
One-third of adult chair sitting westerners suffer hip pain each year.
So exercise today to prevent hip pain!
Soccer players suffer very high levels of hip arthritis when they retire.
So it's a good idea to do hip pain exercises if you are a sportsperson.
If you can't comfortably walk, you can't exercise, and it becomes much harder to stay slim and diabetes-free. And then you get strokes, heart attacks, and dementia.
So right now is an excellent time to commit to hip pain exercises!
Saudi Arabians and many parts of Asia routinely use squat toilets and sit cross-legged. And they have much lower rates of hip arthritis.
So why not include squatting and cross-legged sitting in your daily exercise routine?
There's nothing sexy or attractive about hobbling along on a sore hip.
So please do something about it before it’s too late!
Children have wonderful hip flexibility and are happy.
So do daily hip pain exercises, and you too can be as happy as a child!
These exercises are designed to fit around your chair sitting (office worker, driver, commuter, or couch potato). Make them a habit, and make them work for you!
(Three faces forward and three faces back)
- Chair squat
- Good morning: double-leg, single-leg,
- Marriage proposal into rolling Sir Galahad
- Chair seat rock forward and back
- Chair seat rock forward and back, one knee straight, one knee bent
- Chair-back hip dip
(3 on seat, two behind chair, and one alongside)
- Knee to chest
- Lean on a knee
- Toe in the mouth
- Warrior pose
- Triangle pose
- Chairside splits
- Easy wall and ball massage
- Lower tummy and adductor massage
- Deep squats
- Sit cross-legged
- V-sit on floor
- Tie shoelaces (seated and standing)
- Toe in the mouth